CRY OUT 5 HELP! BSODz R KILLING ME

Reaction score
Hello mates
Recently, I've faced with an odd issue; PERSISTENT BSODs on every single system starts which are mostly "SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION" and "ATIKMDAG.SYS" bsods. I have updated all of my drivers and believe it or not it has been getting worse. I really can't use my laptop anymore. It's HP TouchSmart tx2-1370us with original following parts:

• AMD Turion dual core 2.3 GHZ
  • 4 GB RAM
  • 500 GB WD-HDD
  • ATI Radeon HD 3200
  • TS CDDVD L633M
and finally pre installed Win 7-64 bit which is fully up to date. Attached is my 3 most recent dump files that I found in windows/minidump folder. Thanks in advance for your time and help.

Attachments

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
If it tells you the problem is your ATI video driver (ATIKMDAG.SYS) then you should remove the Catalyst Control Center and only install the latest Display Driver for your video card from AMD

Reaction score
Thanks for your response TrainableMan! I will remove CCC after next BSOD and I have to say no BSOD has occurred for 6 hours which is a world record for my old notebook:). During googling and searching for an answer, I found a blog with a brilliant and of course practical/effective idea; Finding original atikmdag.sys driver in ATI driver directory, renaming atikmdag.sys in windows/system32/drivers and copying original file in that directory. I did it and after that my system is working like a charm. I'll post an update tomorrow and let you guys know if the problem has been solved or ...

Reaction score
I just uninstalled CCC after occuring bunch of BSODz. Let's see what's gonna happen!

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Hope it helps. You uninstalled CCC and you are using the latest driver I hope?

You might also scan for viruses because they can cause BSODs.

Also you should check the manufacturer and get the latest drivers/BIOS for your machine.

And if you play games they should have the latest patches.

... all those things are commonly related to BSODs.

Reaction score
Hope it helps. You uninstalled CCC and you are using the latest driver I hope?

You might also scan for viruses because they can cause BSODs.

Also you should check the manufacturer and get the latest drivers/BIOS for your machine.

And if you play games they should have the latest patches.

... all those things are commonly related to BSODs.
Thanks again for your replies TrainableMan!
Here is the checklist:

1. Using latest ATI driver.
  2. My Security Suite software is up to date. Scanning done with no infection found.
  3. All drivers are up to date based on manufacturer support and download page information and recommendations.
  4. I'm tooooooooooooooooooo old to be a gamer :lol: no patch needed
so far so good.

Reaction score
I'm back with couple of more new BSODz.:mad: I'm really sick & tired of this. Somebody help me pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase:confused:

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I'm not sure how you removed CCC but it's possible there are still some pieces left behind.

Unfortunately we don't have any active BSOD experts right now; the last one we had was in training and has been absent about a month. So ,you might want to post your latest DMP files (only the ones since you updated/removed drivers) on another W7 help forum.

Reaction score
Thanx for your response TrainableMan! I uninstalled CCC using ATI install manager. I uninstalled everything but the drivers. Then searched for leftovers in registry and cleaned them with cclean. In the meantime another problem has showed up; Windows hasn't saved any minidump files since 01/28/2013!!!! Any ideas on this?:dontknow:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Are you actually seeing a bluescreen or does it just lock/freeze up or reboot?

Have you run your virus scan in safe mode?

TDSSKiller is designed specifically to look for rootkits. RKill is designed to stop the stealthing programs that hide/protect/regenerate some nasty viruses. Running these first will help ensure your A/V has the absolute best chance of cleaning up infected files.

Download TDSSKiller and RKill from our Freeware DB. Then reboot your system into safe mode without networking (Reboot and, when it says "Starting Windows," Press F8; If you get a message asking continue in safe mode or perform a system restore, choose continue in safe mode). Now, without rebooting, run TDSSKiller and after that run RKill and after that run a full virus scan, all in safe mode. The first two will take maybe 5 minutes each but a full virus scan can take anywhere from 30 minutes to several hours depending on your hard drive size and number of files.

Reaction score
Thanks again TrainableMan! & yep I'm gettin BSODz not anything else. & yes, I've scanned my laptop in safe mode. Also I'm pretty familiar with malwares and malicious codes since part of my daily job is finding em' ;).

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I don't know what else to tell you :dontknow:

Ask a Question