SOLVED Using Second monitor on graphics card killing internet connection

Reaction score
Hi Forums

i have an asus eah 6570 graphics card my main monitor which is connected by DVI works great however when i plug my second monitor into it (vga) connection i turn the monitor on and for some reason this cuts off the internet on my sky hub for a period then reconnects and seems to be fine till the 2nd monitor is turned off and back on again i have no clue as to why its doing it have tried changing cables/leads moving the monitors PSU away everything and i just cant seem to figure out whats causing this, when i first added the second monitor it had no problem whatsoever then all of a sudden started cutting the connection off everyone i have asked about this so far has never heard of it i am hoping somebody here can help me out

thanks

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I've never heard of such a thing either but I would suspect it is related to power. The sudden extra energy needed may cause power levels to drop and your NIC suffers. Perhaps your computers PSU is insufficient?

Of course monitors and TVs require shielding to prevent radiation that causes interference so the problem could actually be the monitor's shielding is weak and the sudden power causes a radiation spike. Have you tried a different monitor to see if the results are the same?

Reaction score
I am attempting to do that when i have tested if it still does it then i know its not the monitors if it cures it then i know its me second monitor :( thanks for the reply though Trainableman

Reaction score
Can mark this as solved or remove it i have learned that because i am using dvi and vga at the same time its knocking my ethernet out due to a conflict and it is not a very good GPU anyways Asus EAH 6570 so will have to acquire a better one thanks for all who looked and commented

Ask a Question