Jump List Problem

Reaction score
Curious one this,

I've pinned Excel to the taskbar as I like to use thes for jump lists. I have two types of excel file on my PC, those created or saved as 97-2003 workbooks, and 2007 workbooks.

However when I open the 2007 versions they do not appear as recent items so that I can pin them to the jump list. The 97-2003 ones do however?

I've checked the default program for opening them and the 2007 files state that they open with 'microsoft open xml converter'

In Windows Explorer the 2007 files are listed under type as 'Microsoft Office Excel Workbook' whereas the 97-2003 files are listed as 'Microsoft Office Excel 97-2003 Worksheet'

I've tried all ways to find a way of pinning the 2007 files to the jump list but can't find a way.
Does anyone have any clues?

Thanks
(I'm running Win7 Home Premium x64)

Reaction score
Mike, did you ever find a solution to this? I am having exactly the same problem and note that you didn't receive any reply on this forum site.
Grateful to know if/how you resolved it.
Sue

(Sometimes I hate Microsoft!)

Reaction score
Not really but after my laptop returned from repair (new motherboard under warranty) it is working fine?
PM also sent.

Ask a Question