Why items in taskbar jump lists go away?

Reaction score
I run Microsoft WORD 2007 and I have an icon for WORD in my task bar. When I right click on the task bar I see a list of recently used WORD files and some that I have chosen to pin.

The problem is that I am unable to see certain WORD files. After I open them, ordinarily they automatically show in the Recent section of the flyout, but for some reason this is not working for some of my files. If I save the files under a new name they show up but this is rather inconvienient.

I thought maybe the file I was looking for was hidden in the recent section. That is, that there was not enough room for all the recent files to show. Sure enough, when I delete a file from the recent list, others show up, but the number of files that continue to show up seems endless. I don't know how many I would have to delete to finally have the file I am looking for show up and it appears you can only delete files from the recent section one at a time.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if there are options to work around it.

Thank you

Ask a Question