iTunes 9 very buggy

Reaction score
Just updated iTunes to version 9, and its is very slow and buggy, with the music cutting off at random intervals. I tried it in compatability mode, but Aero had to turn off, and I would rather have iTunes buggy than without Aero.

Any ways to speed up iTunes?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Did the previous version work ok? I've got v9 on my computer and it seems to work ok. Your system specs are more than high enough to handle it. :)

Was itunes doing anything in the background at the time, such as re-organising files or importing?

Reaction score
itunes wasnt doing anything difficult, but i had several things open including open office, which is notoriously slow. Its good with podcasts, and if its the only thing running, but any more and its in pieces.

draceena

That Crazy Amazon Chick!
Reaction score
I've noticed iTunes 9 really being sluggish on my computer but no audio problems as of yet. I had the previous version and it worked perfectly. I chalk it up to possibly my video/internet connection not being robust enough to handle all the graphics the 9 version crowds onto the screen. I actually could not upgrade for some odd reason so had to download the full version and do an uninstall of the last verson & install of the new....now I wish I haden't. :(

Reaction score
I've got a different problem now, which is slightly off topic, but still related to iTunes... My shared storage device (which all my iTunes stuff is on) was playing up, so I right clicked and looked for some trouble shooting options, but i accidentally deleted the network connection, and I cannot connect back!
The Maxtor utility keeps saying the "Network path could not be found", but it can find the drive easy.
Any tips?

draceena

That Crazy Amazon Chick!
Reaction score
Have you tried Map Network Drive? (Start > Computer , it's listed at the top)

Reaction score
Yes, I tried that first, it came up with the same message as Maxtor, the network path could not be found.

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
I've noticed iTunes 9 really being sluggish on my computer but no audio problems as of yet. I had the previous version and it worked perfectly. I chalk it up to possibly my video/internet connection not being robust enough to handle all the graphics the 9 version crowds onto the screen. I actually could not upgrade for some odd reason so had to download the full version and do an uninstall of the last verson & install of the new....now I wish I haden't. :(
Hi draceena (i don't use iTunes myself) but if this latest version is sluggish can you not revert back one version ?

iTunes 8 > http://www.itunesitunes.net/

draceena

That Crazy Amazon Chick!
Reaction score
I was thinking of that Veedaz but after awhile iTunes will just force me to upgrade anyway, so I figured I'll get used to it as is and just not use it as much.

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
iTunes will just force me to upgrade anyway
Oh its a shame that some applications do that and i don't suppose there is a (search for updates that can be turned off)

Reaction score
Old Apps- iTunes
Check this out for the older verion of iTunes. I'm just gonna stick with v.9 for now, and try to re-map the drive.
For disabling updates, go into iTunes, Edit> Preferences > untick the auto update box.

Reaction score
As everyone knows, iTunes is a load of bloatware cr*p. I strongly recommend Media Monkey (www.mediamonkey.com)
What's wrong with iTunes? It's made by proffesionals who can create a proper, good looking UI and dont' swear on public forums :mad:
It has loads of great features, is fully compatible, has a huge on-line shop, and a flawless music organization system. What's wrong with all that?

draceena

That Crazy Amazon Chick!
Reaction score
I'll be the first to admit that iTunes does install extra "junk" I don't use (I do not own an iPod so I uninstall that feature after installing the full iTunes package) but since I have an account that I use (which has credits) and I find they have the largest library of music, I can put up with the small issues.

That being said, I'm rolling back my iTunes to the last version and turning off the updater until I am forced to upgrade (which, by then, I'm hoping any wierdness/bugs are worked out)

Ask a Question