Windows 7 and ITunes Issue??

Reaction score
Hello, I have been working on and off on a hp laptop g-60 for about a month. I recommended to the girl to upgrade to windows 7. It was free and I did it. Everything went completely fine and the laptop was performing better for about a month and a half. Then the other week it stopped shutting down and restarting. It would just hang saying “shutdown” “logging off”. I did some research online and the “Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service” causing this issue. Sure enough it was set to disable for some unknown reason to me. I got it enable fixed problem good to go. Couple days later she called me and her iTunes was not starting. I thought that was very odd and so first thing I did was go to her services and sure enough the “Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service” was set to automatic and not started. I played around with the laptop for several hours and started to notice some extremely weird habits. Liked to freeze randomly and it just seemed very unstable. So I continued to fiddle around here and there and I discovered she had the 32bit ITunes installed. So I went and tried to uninstall it. The installer would freeze. So I thought that it could be windows installer service or just needed updating so I went to go to windows update and that wouldn’t open either. I started to get very suspicious of iTunes. I got the program to open finally and tried to check for updates sure enough it was out of date and so went to update it and blue screen the computer. Went so fast couldn’t get the error code. So what I did was install the 64bit ITunes and suddenly everything started working. ITunes, shutdown issue, windows update, everything. Until she opened ITunes again and the whole computer went back to its normal issues. So I uninstalled ITunes, completely. Every iTunes folder except for her library took the trip reinstalled and Blue screened it once. Got it running again and not she is still having issues here and there. She gets errors about the hard disk having bad sectors ran a check disk found no issues. Not trying to hate on apple but is ITunes the problem?? I am at a lost tried everything from system restore everything. I am about ready to reformat and start over. IS THERE ANYONE, out there that can help with any ideas???????

Reaction score
I would jump right on it. But I am working with a college girl that is not extremely well versed and she likes her itunes. I am not sure I could convince her to change. I forgot to mention she has a ipod touch to

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Media Monkey is much better than iTunes. Most reviewers have stated so.

It's very user friendly and works with any iPod product.

Ask a Question