Issues with DigitalRiver and making a boot DVD

Reaction score
I decided to use DigitalRiver to download my copy of Windows 7 and I will NEVER use them again. They have no phone or tech support; the only way to contact them is by email, in which a response can take many days.

It took me over 10 hours to download their download manager. While the DM seems to work OK, I keep getting the same error message near/at the end of the unpacking:

"We are unable to create or save new files in the folder in which this application was downloaded. Please check the folder properties to make sure that you have security permission on the folder to write files and that the folder is not read-only"

So while I wait for some intelligent response from them, I'm trying to create a bootable DVD but I'm not having any luck. I've tried using BurnAware and UltraISO yet every time I reboot, the DVD never boots...any ideas on exact steps to take?

Kougar

OCing one chip at a time
Reaction score
Make sure you have the DVD drive set as your first boot device in your computer's BIOS.

Reaction score
You can't use those apps.I'm afraid. You need a special tool to make bootable.iso from the installation files.

My tutorial here includes all that is needed. It is very easy, just one small file and one command - they are both provided.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/30470-make-bootable-iso-student-d-l.html

I decided to use DigitalRiver to download my copy of Windows 7 and I will NEVER use them again. They have no phone or tech support; the only way to contact them is by email, in which a response can take many days.

It took me over 10 hours to download their download manager. While the DM seems to work OK, I keep getting the same error message near/at the end of the unpacking:

"We are unable to create or save new files in the folder in which this application was downloaded. Please check the folder properties to make sure that you have security permission on the folder to write files and that the folder is not read-only"

So while I wait for some intelligent response from them, I'm trying to create a bootable DVD but I'm not having any luck. I've tried using BurnAware and UltraISO yet every time I reboot, the DVD never boots...any ideas on exact steps to take?
Hope it helps

Last edited:

Ask a Question