Is Windows 7 RC patched as much as the RTM

Reaction score
This may be a silly question, but is the Windows 7 RC patched via Windows Update as much as the RTM? I mean, is it going to be as secure to continue using this for a little while?

I have the RC on one computer and it works fine for now and have no reason to change this, unless they will stop providing security updates?

Kougar

OCing one chip at a time
Reaction score
There are quite likely a few various types of vulnerabilities found in the RC code that were fixed in the RTM release, but Microsoft has been releasing security patches for the RC version of Windows 7. I am sure Microsoft will continue to provide security updates until the RC expires next year.

Reaction score
What Kougar says is true, however the RC will never be as stable as the RTM, so if you're worried about security and stability, get the full version. (Plus you don't get the little bit of writing in the corner!)

That's what I'm doing. Professional edition for £30 through the student offer!

Reaction score
Remember that the RC 7100 version is a pre beta version of Windows 7... It was never meant to be used as a main OS.... Get the RTM/Final version ... you wont regret it....

Cheers

Ask a Question