Internet problem

Reaction score
I just switched to a new satelite. The computer was fine. Now when I try to connect to certain websites the save or open box pops up and I can't get to the site. Also facebook now is boxes of jibberish.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I suggest you contact your new ISP to make sure everything is set up properly.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
When you switched companies, what changes did you (or the installer) make to your computer? If you are still attempting to reach your old ISPs DNS servers or email pop servers then the popups may be some form of request for a valid userid/password to access their servers.

Could you take a screenshot of these error messages and post them here so we can see them (use the go advanced button and hit the paperclip to upload the screenshots after you take them).

Reaction score
I probably didn't exdplain as well as I shoud have. The company didn;t change just the satelite, the dish and the router. Nothing was changed on the computer that doesn't work properly. I have another older laptop with Vista that works the same. On the newer laptop with Windows 7 some of the sites are fine. When I try to go to others (even the Bing search) the computer acts like I am asking to download. The download box at the bottom of the screen comes on and asks me if I want to open or save the file, just as if I was trying to download a file. It doesn't take me to the site and I can't get there. When it takes me to facebook the page is illegible. There is no error messages just the download box.

I should have said the older computer works the same as it used to (no problems)

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
What browser do you use? Have you tried flushing the cache? Have you tried other browsers? Same result?

Reaction score
My isp had me flush the cache but I will try again. I use Internet Explorer 9 on both computers. it has been on the computers when I have bought them. I have never downoaded any other. Do you have one you reccommend and how do I go about it. Do I have to get rid of Explorer or can both be on the computer.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
You can have multiple on your computer but only one can be the default browser to open when you click on a URL. Personally I use FireFox but I also have Google Chrome and IE9.

The main reason I asked was because I wondered if it was the same result in other browsers. I was thinking maybe something was wrong with the IE software.

Maybe instead of trying another browser software .... Do you have other userids on this computer? Could you try logging on to another account (create another account if you only have the one) and then see if IE works weird when you are logged on to the other id?

Ask a Question