Wake On WAN Via Internet From Anywhere Problem

Reaction score
Hi all,
the past 2 weeks, I spent more than 24 hours searching for methods to wake on WAN but the tutorials were so confusing regarding the port forwarding.
I have already done wake on lan over local network or local wifi but I couldn't do that from outside my company.
Can someone describe how can I wake up my computers wherever I am using internet?
Thank you so much for your support.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I've never done it. According to this Article you can't use wi-fi, it must be wired, you will need the computers MAC address, and there are many things which must be set up first.

Reaction score
I've never done it. According to this Article you can't use wi-fi, it must be wired, you will need the computers MAC address, and there are many things which must be set up first.
I have already succeeded waking up my computers using a local network but I couldn't do that from anywhere using internet.
There is something called port forwarding where the router sends the packets, you should do something which I don't really get to get that.
It is somewhat related to an external IP adress or a domain.
Thanks !

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Yes, you have to actually log on to your router and configure it to take any transmissions to a specific port and automatically "forward" them to a specific PC on your network. See page 4 (step 6) of the article.

Ask a Question