SOLVED Internet Connection Problems

Reaction score
Hi,

I have two laptops connected to the internet via PlusNet and a Thompson wireless router. One is a Fujitsu Siemens operating on WindowsXP and the other is a new Samsung R730 dual core running on Windows 7 Home Premium which I have only had a few days.

Both are connecting to chosen internet sites via Internet Explorer 8 without a problem but I have discovered today that althoiugh the R730 connects to the chosen site, it will not reconnect from that site to an secondary location and shows an error sign. The Fujitsu does not have the problem so I presume that rules out the PlusNet connection. To be sure I have rebooted the router but the problem is still there
Both computers are running Microsoft Security Essentials with real time protection and no problems have been detected.

Can anyone suggest what the cause of the problem might be. Could it be an internet setup problem.on the Samsung.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums taffystuart :ciao:

I'm finding it a little difficult to understand the problem on the W7 PC. Am I correct in thinking that when you load IE8 it will connect to your homepage fine, but when you try to connect to another site you get an error message? If so, what is the error message and do other browsers (such as FireFox) work for you?

I'm sure we can help you solve this issue :)

Reaction score
Problem Solved

I have restorted the machine to a slightly earlier version and reloaded the software which seems to have done the trick.

Many thanks to Ian who contacted me. being a new member, I replied to him from my email and not through this site.

Reaction score
IE8 & W7 connection problem

Since i installed w7 home.... my ie8 and google chrome both have problems connecting to different internet sites... this happens with both secure and unsecured websites....i don't know why? I tried rebooting the gateway and updating all my drivers. nothing seems to be working for me. help please

Last edited:

Ask a Question