SOLVED No Internet connection

Reaction score
Hi
I recently bought a Samsung mini laptop which had Windows 7 starter installed on it, but after I tried to dual boot it with Kali Linux and buggered it up I lost the operating system.

I managed to install Windows XP onto the machine and from there I upgraded to Windows 7 Professional (32bit).

Unfortunately I'm unable to connect to my broadband although I can get on the Internet with an Ethernet cable plugged in.

That's all well and good, but I need to take my laptop to my Uni every day and the Ethernet cable isn't long enough to allow me to do that.

You'd think after having Windows 7 on my desktop computer all these years I'd know how to connect to broadband, but I'm stumped.

Please put an old man out of his misery (and sleepless night's) and tell me how to fix this annoying problem.

Thanks a lot.

Michael.
(Centurian)

Reaction score
Actually I am getting out now via an eathnet cable pluged into my Mini laptop. But I still can't connect to my broadband signal.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Go to Control Panel > Device Manager & see if you have any unrecognized devices? Under networking are you missing the wireless networking card? If so then go to the computer manufacturers website & download & install it.

Reaction score
I couldn't sort this problem out after a weekend of trying, so I took it to my local Computer repair guy (Springbok Computers here in Lincoln) and he updated all the drivers in 10 mins for the price of a cup of coffee (so gave the guy a fiver).

2 guy's satisfied.

Thanks to TrainableMan who stopped by to help. Also did LIKE and closed thread.

Thanks a lot.

Michael.

Ask a Question