SOLVED Nokia E66 connection internet connection problems in Windows 7 64 bit

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Hope anyone can help me out with this one. I am using a nokia E66 to connect to the internet at home. My pc at home is running windows 7 home premium 64 bit. I am currently using nokia pc suite 7.1.40.1. All the software installed without any problems. The problem that I am having is that after I connect to the internet, I can only roughly download / upload about 5MB of data and the connection will time out. I do not get any error messages that is did timeout. The only way I know this is that I stop seeing data being transferred in Network properties. I then open my e-mail client to see If I can connect with a POP account and then I get an error saying it could not connect to the e-mail account. I then have to disconnect and reconnect and try again. This does not seem to affect web browsing though, only when I am downloading files. Like Steam will start update and stop, windows updates will start download and stop and so on. I initially thought it was a problem with the network operator, but when I boot back in xp (my pc is set up to dual boot between xp and 7) every thing works fine. No download time outs. Is it the nokia software that is not supporting 7 100% yet or am I missing something else?

Reaction score
Okay, I think i might have nailed the problem. Will play around more to be sure but it seems that it was actually the steam client that kept killing the connection. I have uninstalled it for now and we will see what happens.

Reaction score
Okay, it was not Steam. I got disconnected from standard browsing as well.

Reaction score
Hi R1ker - Welcome to w7forums

Do you ever have disconnects while using the phone when talking to someone?

It may just be the phone service causing your disconnects. If so then there would be nothing we can suggest other than maybe placing your phone in a better signal location while connected.

Reaction score
Thanks clifford_cooley

Nope, no disconnections. I have full signal strength which is why this is so frustrating. I am starting to think though that it is my network service provider who is having problem with one of the signal towers in the area. I burrowed and HSDPA usb modem and it did the same. I manage to see it dropping in xp as well so it is not W7 as I initially thought.

I think we can close this thread

Last edited:
Reaction score
There is no need in closing the thread.

I do wish there was something you could do. Even as a DSL customer we have disconnects during bad weather.

Reaction score
Hi, do not close this thread, because it is not only your problem and I think, that it is not problem of network service provider. I have same problem and I am starting to be very angry because of this.
This is not problem of provider because when i was using XP it worked perfectly. Problem is only when I try to use PC suite ore OVI suite with Windows 7. I normaly log in and after few minutes internet just stop working without any error massage and i need to reconnect. :(

Reaction score
I am using N82 and my friend with same problem 5800.
Wierd is that connection is normaly working even with windows 7, but only with bluetooth conection. To bad, that this is almost useless because of speed limitations of bluetooth technology. Internet over bluetooth is very slow :(
Do not understand whi cabel conection have problems and bluetooth not :(

Reaction score
Hi jungler

I almost forgot about this issue. I just kinda stuck it out and disconnected and reconnect whenever it stopped working. How did you came by this patch? I search everywhere for a solution?

Reaction score
lol... it was easy :) i downloaded again new ovi suite and when i tryied to connect it told me, that there is a update of windows needed for normal function of modem :)

Reaction score
You have finally saved me a whole lot a frustration :)

Thanks for you're help

Ask a Question