i want vista back

Reaction score
okay poeple this is my problem. i upgraded to this windows7 and i like it untill it started crashing on me on every programme i opened.
explorerm, excel, media player photoshop they all keep freezing and coming up with not responding at the top.

and every time i restart or tell it to shut down it gets stuck in the loging of screen. i had it on for at least 3 to 4 hours stuck in this screen waiting for it to switich off so i had to turn it of my self. and when i do i get a message after saying windows did not shut down propaly.
one of the time it was shuting down it when in to a blue screen for a split second whitch had loads of writing on it. couldnt see what the writing was it was to quick.

i didnt really read the statment by ms on downloading windows 7 i wish i did. but i want vista back as i need my pc for work and i cant have it crashing all the time.

can i put vista back on with out losing my stuff. like a downgrade. please help me

Reaction score
Thats why this is called a BETA.. this wasnt some freebie OS, it was for testing purposes, I strongly feel there are WAY too many people that don't know what they are doing with Computers that shouldn't have been installing Windows 7 in the first place. A lot of people don't seem to grasp what BETA means.

Anyways, no you can't downgrade.. get a secon Hard drive or an external harddrive and transfer all your stuff off to it and youll have to reformat and reinstall vista on your original drive. This is why you guys should have ALL read what it was exactly you were downloading, because if ya'll did you would've seen that you cannot revert back to vista after an upgrade to Windows 7

Reaction score
@ VTurk, just do as Braxxis said here. You need to backup those necessary files to some other places like a DVD or additional HDD. Then wipe Windows 7 clean and install Vista SP1 instead.

I think a clean installation of Windows 7 in your PC might help running it better than a upgrade from Vista. U may also try it when u r wiping the current Win 7 installation.

Reaction score
Well, try login into save mode of windows 7 by hitting F8 during boot time.
Go to device manager, expand display adapters, point to your video card, right click and choose uninstall. okay
then disconnect the network cable and other extra devices you have like printers cables, usb flash, ...etc
now try to boot windows 7 again normally and look if it will run without problems. if so then re connect all devices one after one and see where you will experince problems again.
You can always overwrite any operating system if you choose not to FORMAT the partation during installation. some programs will stop working but data will not be loose. So if you want to install vista now boot from the installation disk and when prompt to format the partation choose LEAVE CURRENT SETTINGS.
windows will ask to delete the current system folder and use it for the new system press yes.

Ask a Question