I used ccleaner to clean pc. Also ran registry clean. Now windows 7 not working property

Reaction score
Hello. I know win 7 is old now but it's served me well. (I hope this forum is still active) I wanted to backup my pc so I ran ccleaner first then ran registry clean and I didn't backup the registry. Now I have no internet connection, audio and sound doesn't work, backup and restore doesn't work from any point. My printer is now off-line and won't reinstall. The round windows start button is now square with start on it. I tried a backup and repair from safe mode with the original cd and absolutely no luck. Thanks.

Reaction score
Here are a few steps you can try to troubleshoot the issues:

1. System Restore: If you have previously created a restore point, try using the System Restore feature to revert your system back to a point before running CCleaner. This may help restore the registry and resolve the problems you're facing.
  2. Reinstall Drivers: Since you mentioned that your internet connection, audio, and printer are not working, it's possible that the drivers related to these devices were affected. Try reinstalling the drivers for these devices. You can download the latest drivers from the manufacturers' websites.
  3. Repair Windows: If the above steps don't resolve the issues, you may need to perform a repair installation of Windows. This can be done using the original Windows installation media. Follow the prompts to repair your existing installation without losing your files.
If none of these steps help, it's advisable to seek assistance from a professional technician who can diagnose and troubleshoot the specific issues with your PC.

Ask a Question