I am not able to find sound drivers after migrating to win 7 ultimate

Reaction score
I am not able to find sound drivers after migrating to win 7 ultimate

My motherboard model is ASUS-m2n-MX.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Okay, when you say you "migrated" to Windows 7 Ultimate, did you do a new clean install or an upgrade from another version of Windows 7?

You may have to reinstall the drivers, do you have the driver disc for your motherboard?

Windows 7 is NOT supported by the ASUS website for you motherboard model. It uses the ADI AD1986A audio chipset.

The ADI website does not even list the drivers anymore for you audio chipset. Have you tried Windows 7 Update?

Reaction score
All caps! hehe!

Get a Driver download software on you know.... For free or buy a copy it's much better and that will solve your problems for drivers... I use Driver G and it's really good

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Driver update software is iffy at best.

I would recommend against using any of that type of software, if possible.

Basically you're using an outdated motherboard which is not supported by either ASUS or ADI with drivers for Windows 7 for the audio chipset the motherboard has.

Perhaps it's time to update your motherboard.

P.S.
Next time using 24 point font is not necessary, most of us are able to read the post in standard font.

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
I would agree with Nibs on the subject of driver update software. The web is floooded with them at the moment. I did try them a while ago and found, in several cases, I was offered drivers which were outdated by already installed drivers from the installation DVD
Best way is to go to each site in turn and check for new drivers,

Fwiw. Try the Vista one (run in compatibility mode) on this page.
http://www.dodownload.net/drivers/asus-p5v-vm-dh-download.html

Reaction score
Thanks a ton.. it worked!!

I would agree with Nibs on the subject of driver update software. The web is floooded with them at the moment. I did try them a while ago and found, in several cases, I was offered drivers which were outdated by already installed drivers from the installation DVD
Best way is to go to each site in turn and check for new drivers,

Fwiw. Try the Vista one (run in compatibility mode) on this page.
http://www.dodownload.net/drivers/asus-p5v-vm-dh-download.html

Thanks a ton.. it worked!!

Ask a Question