SOLVED HP P-6 2203a computer no boot Black screen ?

Reaction score
My computer went dead on me with just the fans working, I checked the power supply voltages and they came up OK. I swapped the 2 x 4GB of ram into different slots to see if that made any difference and I checked that everything was plugged in properly. There is no bios and no signal on the monitor. I have just had a failure with my , original monitor going to whitescreen so I replaced it 2 days ago with a good one. Whats the chances of your monitor failing then your computer 2 days later? Any ideas or suggestions welcome.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Definitely sounds like a hardware problem: MOBO or CPU most likely. As for odds, I don't know, but another possibility is your electricity. Power surges/spikes are hard on electronics so have you had electrical issues or thunderstorms recently? A good surge protector can help, though not from a lightning strike.

Reaction score
Sorry about the delay in replying. Your email went to the Junk folder for some reason? Anyway I found the problem and you were right on the money! It was a hardware problem, a capacitor on the motherboard had been bent when I replaced my PSU with a new one. I pushed it back to where it should be and the computer fired up again, The computer had a bit of a hiccup so I took the motherboard out expecting to see a cracked solder joint on the solder side of the electrolytic cap that had been bent over. It wasnt cracked so the inside pins mustve been pulled out of the cap so I replaced that cap and the computer works fine now except for some OS bugs that Ive inquired about on another thread.

Ask a Question