How to install ATI AGP Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Yeah, definite progress....seems to be working fine!!! :)

Install the latest hotfix driver now through the device manager...

It's the one in display adapters section.

Should be good after.

Reaction score
How can I install the latest hotfix driver through the device manager???

I installed the latest driver for the device, but after restart I got again a black screen.

Reaction score
Now that your system is working well, as seen with the ability to choose high resolutions and it showing in the device manager, simply try installing the latest hotfix driver by running the .exe and letting it complete.

Should go fine, since it already is now.

You already do have acceleration. You're probably trying to update the wrong thing in the section below and that's why the black screen.

Again, running the .exe should do well this time.

Reaction score
Bad luck again!!! First I installed everything except for the driver in Catalyst 10.9, I restarted my computer and after that I get the sane bo ati graphics is installed or bla, bla. I reinstalled Catalyst 10.9 with everything in it and I got a black screen again.

I don't know what we can do more...

Reaction score
Your device manager is fine and things are well.

The multimedia video controller is for a tv card you have, not the video adapter.

Everything is fine.

Congrats!

Reaction score
Your device manager is fine and things are well.

The multimedia video controller is for a tv card you have, not the video adapter.

Everything is fine.

Congrats!

NO, NO, NO. When I restared my computer I got the same mess no ati graphics is installed, bla bla, and still I can't change my resolution and I even try a game but nothing.

It's not over yet I can't enjoy my graphic card.

Reaction score
It's installed fine and you can change resolution right in that screen you posted.

It's working 100%....nothing else to say besides enjoy.

Try another game, see how it goes.

Reaction score
Look what I got after I restarted my machine (I've installed my Tv tuner it's a Leadtek DV 2000). And look what I've found after.

Attachments

Reaction score
Excellent! It's working great.

You should type msconfig in the start menu then press enter. Go to startup tab. Uncheck any box for ATI or related (like CCC) and save.

Reaction score
I unchecked the box for ATI restart and look what I obtain. First photo is what I've obteined and second what I've unchecked.

Attachments

Reaction score
You can get access to my computer with the help of VNC or other program.
I'll provide any information you need.

Reaction score
What is it that you can't do?

If a game isn't starting, post a screen shot of the error message and perhaps we can figure out that individual problem.

Reaction score
TorrentG - Would it help if they un-installed both Video controllers, Display adapters and Other devices?

Reaction score
TorrentG - Would it help if they un-installed both Video controllers, Display adapters and Other devices?
He says that the tv card driver is now installed.

It appears to me that it's running 100% and there is full graphics acceleration. High res wouldn't be available if it weren't and the device manager shows the video driver as being very well.

Reaction score

Attachments

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question