How to install ATI AGP Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Finnaly all done. I've installed some old GART drivers and now I can enjoy the full power of this card. I don't know from where I got the GART drivers, but it's an old version Microsoft certified. If anyone wants to try also this version of GART e-mail me at (e-mail address removed).

Now the last question for the man who helped me all the way TorrentG: If I buy a new graphic card with the same chipset HD 4650, but on PCI-Express can I make my PC work on WINDOWS 7??? I must remand you that my motherboard is AsRock a-live dual e-Sata with both PCI-Express and AGP, and with NForce 3 chipset.

With best regards,
Geo MECU from Romania

P.S. The graphic card is the one in the link http://www.price.ro/preturi_his_radeon_hd4650_512mb_ddr2_128-bit_(h465fs512p)_160793.htm

Last edited:
Reaction score
Oveclock

I know this is not the place for questions about overclocking but ... The question for Mr.. torrentg....

I have a gigabyte AGP 4650, on Win XP ATI agp hotfix drivers work perfectly 10.12 (newer versions can't be installed and I not tried your trick with changing the *. inf file). It is now irrelevant.
Problem 1: Fan speed always shows 0% or 100% why is this so?

Problem 2: Ati overdrive catalyst no possibility of overclocking the card. I saved the current BIOS from card using the program GPU-z and that the program has loaded Radeon Bios Editor and saw the following: GPU and memory Clock limits are 7MHZ and 5MHz retrospectively. Fan speed is adjusted so that the 40C is 0%, from 40C to 100C increases linearly (temperature of the card in idle mode is about 35C). Is it wise to change the limits at 750MHz for the GPU and 550MHz for memory and Fan Speed ​​set so that from 0C to 40C at 30% and that this bios is loaded into the card?
Whether this may destroy the card?

Another thing, with programs like ATI Tray Tools I succeeded to overclock the card to 700MHz for the GPU and 470MHz for memory.
ATI Tray Tools does not have the opportunity to downclock in idle mode, it's the only reason why I want to overclock the card with the ATI Catalyst overdrive.

On one forum I found that the man succeeded to overclock the card using the afterburner and the MSI card behaves the same as the CCC overdrive overclocking.
If you have the opportunity to try MSI afterburner do it, and tell us the results. Help each other to find the best tool for overclocking.

Sorry for my bad English.

Regards from Serbia.

Reaction score
I know this is not the place for questions about overclocking but ... The question for Mr.. torrentg....

Regards from Serbia.
Hi slashdance007 - Welcome to w7forums

torrentg is no longer with us perhaps someone else will see your question and know how to answer.

I've not had any dealings with AGP drivers and Windows 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question