How to install ATI AGP Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
1) Install the newest bios for your motherboard: http://www.asrock.com/mb/download.asp?Model=ALiveDual-eSATA2&o=BIOS

2) Install the newest NVIDIA all-in-one chipset drivers for you motherboard: http://www.asrock.com/mb/download.asp?Model=ALiveDual-eSATA2&o=XP

3) Install the ATI hotfix driver: http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/CatalystAGPHotfix.aspx

You can go into the bios settings of the motherboard after updating the bios, to see if the AGP port is set at x8. If it is at x4, change it to x8 and save.

Last edited:
Reaction score
1) Install the newest bios for your motherboard: http://www.asrock.com/mb/download.asp?Model=ALiveDual-eSATA2&o=BIOS

2) Install the newest NVIDIA all-in-one chipset drivers for you motherboard: http://www.asrock.com/mb/download.asp?Model=ALiveDual-eSATA2&o=XP

3) Install the ATI hotfix driver: http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/CatalystAGPHotfix.aspx

You can go into the bios settings of the motherboard after updating the bios, to see if the AGP port is set at x8. If it is at x4, change it to x8 and save.
From Nvidia all-in-one should I install only GART drivers or everything?

I already have 1.90 BIOS update.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The GART driver is the important one for the card to work, but I would do all of them. (This is why it will not work on 7 or Vista - there is no GART driver produced by NVIDIA for these operation systems.)

There's probably an .exe to run that will do all, but you could also use the device manager to do so manually.

Reaction score
The GART driver is the important one for the card to work, but I would do all of them. (This is why it will not work on 7 or Vista - there is no GART driver produced by NVIDIA for these operation systems.)

There's probably an .exe to run that will do all, but you could also use the device manager to do so manually.
During the installation of Catalyst I've received a black screen and after that I had to manually restart my system and to load the last good known configuration that work.

I checked my bios and it has the following configuration

AGP data rate 8x
AGP aperture size 256 mb
AGP fast write disabled
AGP side band address disabled
Primary graphics adapter AGP

Should I install only the driver for my video card from control panel?

Reaction score
You can enable the fast writes in the bios for the AGP. It will make a decent increase in performance. I would also change the 256 mb to 128 mb.

Install the GART driver in safe mode, using the device manager if necessary. Reboot again to safe mode and install the video card driver.

Then reboot to normal and see how it goes.

Reaction score
The GART driver installed normally.

I think I must update the framework. I've read that you must have the framework to install the CCC.

Reaction score
Ya true. I would also do Windows Update now and install everything. (After installing Framework 2 and 3.)

Reaction score
I'm now at my wife work preparing to take our 2 kids from kinder garden. I've let my PC to update his framework. The other updates for windows XP were installed.

I'll get back to you as soon as I get back home.

Reaction score
Installed everything, try to install the driver only under safe mode and I received a black screen. I had to restart manually and to restore the last good known configuration that worked.

Under control panel is still VGA compatible driver, and everest reports AGP Device Ati Radeon HD 4650 (RV 730) at current speed of 8x.

I made some pictures of everest and control panel.

How can I upload them to you?

Reaction score
The black screen is normal when installing video drivers. How long did you wait? If it was longer than half a minute or so, then yeah, it's a problem.

It sounds to me like everything is installed and now working well, by the Everest report.

Perhaps make a screenshot of the device manager showing the Display Adapters section maximized.

You can attach screenshots by clicking the button for advanced mode reply. Then use the paperclip above where you type, to attach.

Reaction score
Alright, one more thing before I have some further advice. Can you please make a screen shot of the System Devices section maximized, of the device manager?

Reaction score
Alright that looks fine and the GART driver is well.

What you can try is to go to safe mode to use Driver Sweeper from Guru3d.com. Use it to delete everything from ATI/AMD.

Reboot and run the .exe to install the AGP Hotfix driver. Even if the black screen stays on for a while, reboot and see if it gets back into normal mode.

Also, go in the bios and make sure that the AGP is set as the primary display device.

Reaction score
I used crap cleaner to remove ati catalyst manager

I new restart will begin shortly.

And after that I'll try to install again the 10.9 Catalyst driver.

Attachments

Reaction score
Yep, be sure to check the bios too as shown above.

If problems, still recommend Driver Sweeper....it's not the same thing at all as Ccleaner.

Reaction score
Back again. No result!!!!

During the installation of driver my screen became black and remain so for 7 minutes while I wait. After that restart and again last good known configuration that work.

Just a stupid question: what if the video card is physically damaged?

It's so frustrating!!!!

Reaction score
Have you already set the AGP as primary display in the bios?

Have you already used Driver Sweeper in safe mode to clear all ATI stuff?

Reaction score
Wow, I just reviewed a few things. The reason it isn't working for you is because you're not using XP.

Your screenshots are from Windows Vista or Windows 7.

Reaction score
I'm using XP for sure. Nothing worked. I used Driver Sweeper to clear all ATI stuff and no result. Is just some theme I used for my XP.

Attachments

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question