How much will Windows 7 cost?

Reaction score
Does anyone know how much Windows 7 is going to cost? I've had a google and can only find sites that talk about the current Vista pricing, which seems a good place to start:

http://blogs.zdnet.com/hardware/?p=2469

I'm running Vista Ultimate at the moment, but I don't know if I'd buy the same "top end" version again as I don't seem to be getting much extra for my money... apart from a few extra games and desktop videos.

Reaction score
No prices yet, not even sure about what versions there will be yet (5 or 3) but who knows.

I have heard a rumor that Microsoft might offer a discount for us users who bought Vista when it first came out and/or us Ultimate owners, we'll see.

*crosses fingers*

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I have heard a rumor that Microsoft might offer a discount for us users who bought Vista when it first came out and/or us Ultimate owners, we'll see.
Now that would be good :D

I've got the Ultimate version too, so I'd be really pleased if that's the case.

*crosses fingers and toes* :lol:

Reaction score
Now that would be good :D

I've got the Ultimate version too, so I'd be really pleased if that's the case.

*crosses fingers and toes* :lol:
Good?! It would be awesome! lol Since there weren't many Ultimate Extras, I heard they were going to try to change that, so let's see what happens. =)

Reaction score
Do you think I'll be able to upgrade from Windows XP to Windows Vista to Windows 7? I've only got the Vista "upgrade" version which lets me go from XP > Vista, I don't know if I can upgrade an upgrade?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Do you think I'll be able to upgrade from Windows XP to Windows Vista to Windows 7? I've only got the Vista "upgrade" version which lets me go from XP > Vista, I don't know if I can upgrade an upgrade?
You could only go from Windows XP and 2000 to Vista directly from the upgrade CD, so it could go either way from a Windows 7 upgrade edition. However, if worst came to worst you could still qualify for the upgrade edition in your case as it won't discriminate against previously upgraded versions.

Ask a Question