RECOVERY D:-too much size-cant access

Reaction score
I have a HP netbook with Windows 7 Starter. It has two hard drives "Local Disk (C:)" and "RECOVERY(D:)" or D is just a partition, can't tell. C has 112GB free of 132 GB, and D has 2.29GB of 15.9GB free. This is a loaner netbook that another person setup, but that I will be using for the indefintie future. It's a bit slow, especially on startup. I realize it's a netbook and I don't need it to do a lot. However 13.61GB in the D drive seems excessive, especially since it is just a recovery. So I tried to access it and clean it up, but I cannot get into it. When I try and open it, the HP symbol appears in the folder with a blue letter written statement informing me that it is a recovery and I shouldn't mess with it. In other words I cant get passed that scree to view any of the files. The only thing I see is a "Recovery folder" that is 69 bytes. I don't have and cannot get into any adminstrator windows or access to the D drive.

Any recomendations, or should I just leave it alone?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
It sounds like an HP recovery partition, reserved and used by the computer so, yes, leave it alone.

Ask a Question