How do I make video files smaller?

Reaction score
I need to know how to reduce video files so I can make them fit to send emails, every time I try it comes back file can be no larger than 25mb and it will not send.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
It probably depends on the software you are using and the video format. Basically you need to capture less frames per second or use a smaller resolution. It might also be possible to use different software to compress the footage after the fact but still it would be reducing resolution or frames.

But quite honestly, 25mb is basically nothing, maybe 2 or 3 minutes so you may want to consider a better method of distributing your files, for example upload them to a file store (hugefiles, billionsuploads, etc) and then just email the link.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I need to know how to reduce video files so I can make them fit to send emails, every time I try it comes back file can be no larger than 25mb and it will not send.
I would suggest that you use one of those web hosting programs.
Microsoft has OneDrive ( formerly called Skydrive ). It is free. New uuser starts with 7 GB of storage capacity.
Upload the video to OneDrive, send a link to your recipients so that they can view or download the video.
https://onedrive.live.com/about/en-ca/download/

There are other 3rd party programs you can use. The more well known one is Drop Box. It is also free.

Ask a Question