how do i find win 7 drivers for new computer?

Reaction score
Hello!
I got a computer from a friend and she asked me if I could install windows 7 on her computer (she had win 8 and she didn`t like it) so i did it, but because the computer is new the official site of the company that made this computer didn`t put out the drivers for win 7 but only for win 8.
can anyone help me find the drivers for win 7?
thanks in advance

HP PAVILION G6-2210em
HP Pavilion g6-2210em Notebook PC Product Specifications | HP® Support

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Windows 7 has many drivers built-in. When you look in Control panel > Device Manager are there unknown or "not working" devices listed?

If this were a desktop then I would say you get the make/model of the motherboard because it could have been developed during W7 and there might be a slight possibility you could check that manufactures site, rather than HP. But being a laptop, the entire motherboard was likely developed specifically for that machine and so they knew it was targeted directly to Win8.

So the truth is, if it is new, then W7 drivers probably just do not exist; companies generally will support a product forward through one or two more OSes but rarely do they spend man-power developing drivers to go backwards. If the W8 drivers will not work in W7 then you will probably have to reinstall W8 (hopefully you still have to the product key written somewhere).

If you return to Win8, you could add additional software and change settings to make it more W7-like. Examples: Metro UI Tweaker from The Windows Club and add a Start Menu with Classic shell or Start8.

Please also check out our sister site, win8forums for more tweaking ideas and any of your Win8 questions.

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
If it has a driver for ethernet already, then link up. If it doesn't, try these realtek drivers.

Then, once you have an Internet connection, download and install SlimDrivers Free from CNet. It's simple enough from there. Good luck.

Ask a Question