HomeGroup Issues

Reaction score
I have been searching and trying different things to get homegroup to work for several hours now. Everything I have found, people have been able to find but not connect or connect but not use homegroup. I have connected both my computers to the same network. I have tried two different networks on two different routers. Then I have set them both to a home network. I have turned on file discovery. I have left the homegroup on both computers. Then I start a homegroup on one of the computers, but the other computer says that there is no homegroup on the network. It cannot find my homegroup at all.

Why might this be happening?

Honestly, I'm just trying to move a bunch of data files wirelessly at the moment, so if there is an easier way, that's cool too. I have tried an adhoc network, but I can't figure out how to share files that way. Ultimately, I would like to map a network drive to save files from my laptop to my desktop.

I have tried playing around with computers, but am by no means a computer genius. If you've got an idea, I'm all ears.

Thanks

Reaction score
When you install win 7 it asks about home group also when you connect to wifi and select home it will ask you to set up the wifi home group give it five mins then go over to the other one and connect to network and it will discover wifi

Ask a Question