Home Networking

Reaction score
I have my Dell Inspiron 1501 notebook and my wife's Dell Deminsion 501 desktop connected through an Apple Airport Extreme via LAN cables. I have Windows 7 beta and my wife has Vista Home Premium.

When I click on Network both our machines show but when I click on her icon I get:

Network Error:
Windows cannot access \\DARLENELEGGI-PC
Check the spelling of the name. Otherwise, there might be a problem with your network. To try to identify and resolve network problems, click Diagnose.
Error code: 0x80070035
The network path was not found

Clicking Diagnose involks Windows Network Diagnostics. After several tests it reports Troubleshooting could not identify the problem

When I click on Network on my wife's Vista machine my \\ROYLEGGITT-PC does not appear on her list of network items. However, she does have a wireless adapter and several local users appear. If I click on any of them, I get the exact same error message as above.

Anybody have an idea of how to fix this?

Reaction score
Could she be connected to a neighbouring network and not yours?

Reaction score
No, I disconnected the wireless adapters on both machines and still get the same error messages.

Reaction score
Have you checked to see that each machine has "File and Printer sharing" enabled?
I'm guessing each machine's Firewall is set to "see" the local network?

Ask a Question