Install Windows 7 Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I have a Acer laptop that had Windows 7 Home pre installed the hard drive failed in it so I bought a new one and now I'm trying to reinstall Windows on it. Does anyone have any advice on how I can do this.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
If you burned recovery disks when you got your computer (every OEM computer I know of recommends it within the first 30 days) then just install those. Or you can also contact Acer & they should be able to sell you the specific recovery Disk(s) for a significant fee, normally around $100.

Is there a label on the computer with a product key? You don't have other options without a valid product key.

If you have the product key then your third option is a Win 7 ISO...

Finding the Windows 7 ISO is difficult now but it's still around if you look hard enough, you probably need the 32 bit version but get whichever you had . Then you need software like PowerISO to edit the ISO file & delete the ei.cfg file. Now install & choose the Home version. Put in your product key.

And go to the Acer website to download any missing drivers.

Reaction score
why dont you use window 8 or higher? It will be auto update your driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question