[HELP] GRAPHIC CARD

Reaction score
MY graphic card is not working i am having ASUS P5G-mx motherboard(i know its a crap) with nvidia ge force 700 series graphic adapter(i dont know the model name i'll see it later)

It was working fine till 1 day when i started my computer my monitor went in power saving mode then i checked the display cable and again same problem then i plugged the display cord in the on-board panel of the motherboard and it worked but no graphic card is detected i saw that the fan on the graphic card is moving then i went to my windows with my on board vga and performed a system restore after the restore the graphic card worked fine i worked on my pc for atleast 4 hrs but after restart the same problem is there.And then there were no system restore points so i cant restore and i formatted my pc after all this and now i am not having nvidia display drivers so that ican run my graphic card and after plugging the display cord in graphics card panel there is no response.

Things i've done :-

1.Reseated the graphics card.

Reaction score
Hi ruahn - Welcome to w7forums

ASUS P5G-mx - Motherboard Manual
What BIOS version are you using? Version 0404 is the most recent.
Have you configured the BIOS "Boot Graphics Adapter Priority"?
Boot Graphics Adapter Priority [PCI Express/Int-VGA]
Allows selection of the graphics controller to use as primary boot device.
Configuration options: [Internal VGA] [PCI Express/Int-VGA] [PCI Express/PCI] [PCI/PCI Express] [PCI/Int-VGA]

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
then i plugged the display cord in the on-board panel of the motherboard and it worked but no graphic card is detected
Are you saying you have a video card PLUS on board graphics and that you now have moved the connection to the on board slot?

Most on board video is disabled when a separate graphics card is installed so I'm a bit confused by what you are saying her.

Ask a Question