(Help) Which Graphics Card for W7 64 bit PCI

Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]Hi
Can someone help me please.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]My Desktop PC is running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I have a dual setup, one monitor connected to the built in Graphics on the motherboard and I also have another graphics card in the PCI-E Slot, I want to add a third monitor but only have PCI slots available.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Which graphics card do I need, about £40 or cheaper.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I have done a search at Windows 7 Compatibility Center and found that a[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]PNY GeForce FX5500 DDR 128MB Dual Monitor PCI card is compatible which I can buy for £22 but I can't find the drivers for it.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Is this card compatible or can you consider the best Graphics card for me.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Thanks in advanced[/FONT]

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
The video card you're looking at is WAY old and antiquated.

You can get a decent Radeon 5400 series card which is DirectX 11 capable for around 32-40 British Pounds from Amazon.UK

Do you want duad DVI output and does it matter? Will one VGA and one DVI output be okay?

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies

I have just had a look at my Graphics card in the PCI-E Slot and i have two connectors, I have the VGA pluged in and i aso have a DVI.

If i connect my third monitor to the DVI will i need any software to run that third monitor because i have just tried it and it detects it but i just get a black screen.

Reaction score
P.S. Hook both monitors to the video card.. Even now hook the one montor you have to your current video card. Video card's blow away on-board video. The only current mobo's with decent onboard video are the newer AMD boards that use the newer AM3+ low end cpu's (i/e: Llano,etc. have HD6200 or 6400 gpu's built into the cpu.

Ask a Question