yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
Thanks! The more the better.

Reaction score
A update on EOC stat pages http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/
Quote,

Sorry for no updates in a while!06.18.11, 4:11pm CST
How time flies when you are having fun... NOT! Anyhow, I know I haven't made any posts in a while and I apologize for that.

I'm sure some people noticed the site was down for a bit yesterday, there was a little hiccup (pretty sure it was my fault) but everything is okay now.

I've been experimenting on my dev server with the latest MySQL 5.5 and partitioning. The good news is I can partition the existing tables, the bad news is doing an upgrade to the latest MySQL will require a complete dump / import of the data.

Partitioning will allow the data (and indexes) to be physically split into separate database files on the back end. This translates into faster updates, and also I will probably merge the old archive tables so that people can get their full history (assuming they have been folding back in like 2004).
I know I've been talking about a new version of the stats for a while, but I've just had zero free time. It's all in my head, I can visualize exactly how I want the database to look and how everything is going to be divided and processed and such, it's just sitting down and getting to actually code it is where I'm at a loss.
Besides that not a lot to report. I know Stanford has been working diligently on new clients. I've read a lot about the v7 but have not personally tried it out yet. Temperatures here in Houston have been hitting 100F+ for the highs which is ridiculous this early in the summer. To top it off we have had very little rain in the past four months (if not longer)... Maybe like 1/10" a month... that ain't much! Hot and dry means the folding clients get powered down until we get a break in the weather. ;)

Reaction score
Partitioning will allow the data (and indexes) to be physically split into separate database files on the back end. This translates into faster updates, and also I will probably merge the old archive tables so that people can get their full history (assuming they have been folding back in like 2004).
That is just cool!!!

I know our team is new and our full history can be viewed but I can also fully understand the desire of those teams that do want to view their full past history.

Ask a Question