Hard drive suddenly appeared???

Reaction score
Found this a bit strange?

Installed Windows 7 RC beta 7100 64Bit on my pc which has 4 hard drives in it, each drive is partitioned into 2. 3 of those 4 hard drives are 300gigs in size and the 4th is an older (year or two) hard drive 250gigs in size. When i ran windows 7 it picked up the three 300gig HD's but not the 250gig:( (all drives worked before on XP)

Checked disk management but couldn't solve the problem there. This is the strange part, I installed nero 9 ran it and then suddenly the missing hard drive appeared and has been working fine since:)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Not sure what could have caused that unless the 4th drive is on a separate controller which was only picked up from an update once Windows was installed and you ran Nero (either by co-incidence via Windows Update, or perhaps Nero comes with some SATA/IDE controller drivers).

Either way, I'm glad it works now :D

Reaction score
Think it could the nero comes with some driver option cos I had not turned on updates yet! Thanks anyway

Ask a Question