Going to be leaving the forum.

Reaction score
I'm going to be leaving Windows 7 Forums, as I upgraded to Windows 8 Pro x64 this morning.
P.S. For anyone thinking about upgrading to Windows 8. My upgrade went without a hitch.
I let Windows 8 transfer everything. My games that are off of my ssd and on my mechanical hard drive with a C:\Program Files (x86)\Games folder- which I created and pointed that folder in Disk Management to my mechanical hard drive, where they actually are, all work.The only thing I needed to do was redownload a few Games For Windows Live/Xbox Live game addons. That's probably because my ssd only had 27 or 28 GBs. free before the upgrade.
Stardock's Start8 bring's back the start menu (Windows 7 like) , it's customizable and can also be told and does boot directly to the desktop, instead of Metro UI/Windows 8 UI or whatever Microsoft is calling it this week.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Upwards and onwards.

Best of luck to you brkkab. Take care.

Reaction score
Thanks Ian & yodap. I've been on the 8 forum since Home Preview. Just never spent that long in 8 back then because certain programs at the time wouldn't work in 8. They do now, though. PowerDVD 12 Ultra now works in 8, so no more bogus video card driver not updated/compatible warning's when trying to use it for Blu-ray's. P.S. 8's upgrade assistant will say Hulu Desktop is incompatible. I set it in Windows 7 to Windows 7 compatible mode prior to my full 8 upgrade. Hulu Desktop works just fine. The upgrade assistant will also say there's a upgrade for 7-zip 9.22 that's available. the update is 7-zip 9.20. The disregard it as it's a downgrade, not a update.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
So you're leaving us? Windows 8 is your new love now?

I hope you enjoy it. I personally don't think it's going to be that big of a change as Windows 7 was compared to XP & Vista.

It doesn't have anything that really interests me. Basically I believe it's geared more toward those users with touchscreens. But that's my humble opinion too.

I am a proud happy owner of an ASUS TF700T 10.1" Android tablet running the Jelly Bean OS. It's hi-resolution at 1920 x 1200 Super IPS capacitive touch screen is the bomb. Yes the Nexxus 10 is nice too, but not near the CPU that the ASUS has.

You'll be missed and I hope you enjoy Windows 8. Oh... and remember try not to be too OCD about things. LOL! :D

Vaya con Dios! Amigo!

~Nibs

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
See you on the 8 forums! :beer:

Reaction score
Nibs: It's mostlu under the hood changes. Windows Explorer is now called File Explorer (like in Windows 3.1). I bought Stardock's Start8 which put's the Start Menu back and it can be made to look like 7's or Metro like. It also has a option in it to boot directly to the desktop. It works as does all my other software.Also I did the actual full upgrade transferring everything from 7 to 8. Unlike Vista or 7, it worked perfectly. My games, which are off of my ssd with a Games folder, I created in C:\Program Files (x86)\Games even made it and all the games all work.
The only that doesn't work is My Channel Logos 2 , however the channel logo's did transfer over from it into WMC in 8.
yodap: See you at the 8 forums.

Ask a Question