Games for Windows Live

Reaction score
Are all games going to be using the "Games for Windows Live" feature in the coming years? Every new game I buy now seems to use this technology, and I can't see the advantage.

GTAIV is one of the buggiest bits of software I've ever used, crashing all the time. It has so many forced logins before you can play the game. You need to sign up to some Rockstar games login, then create a Windows Live gaming account (otherwise you can't save games!). There's also securom running on top of all these other things.

I wish games would be like they were a few years back, without all of this superfluous addon software. :(

Reaction score
I wish games would be like they were a few years back, without all of this superfluous addon software. :(
I'm on the fence about that.

On one hand, Add On content is nice when you are given the choice to use it or not. The time it isn't nice, is when they shove it in your face all the time.

Reaction score
Personally, any game that makes you register to save things in singleplayer is ridiculous. I don't care about multiplayer, though.

Ask a Question