Frontpage 2003

Reaction score
I know this might be considered OLD software, but it does the job for my website which is simple html pages.
However I tried to update a couple of pages over the weekend and when I attempted to 'hyperlink' another page the system said there was a problem and closed Frontpage.
I eventually got it to recognise Frontpage in XP mode (by accident) which solved the problem.
Question I have though, is there a way of seeing a list of programs which are operating in XP or 7 mode?

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
There's this sticky list posted at the top of the forum which should highlight app compatibility, but generally speaking it's going to be trial and error. The vast majority of apps should work fine in Windows 7, so it's just going to take a few tweaks when you come across an application that doesn't work fully.

I'm surprised that Frontpage 2003 crashes, as it's not that old. Have you applied the latest Office 2003 service pack?

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Like yourself, I have always found FP sufficient for composing and editting my websites. But, fwiw, I do have it running 100% in both 64 and 32Bit. I did not apply any compatibility settings. Perhaps(??) , as Ian says, you need to intall the office 2003 SP2, here;
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...97-2DB6-4654-9DB6-EC7D5B4DD867&displaylang=en

Also, again fwiw, I have recently changed over to it's successor, Sharepoint. Very much the same thing, with just a few more features, which you could easily manage without.

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. To correct something first - I meant that I had got FP working in Compatibility Mode rather than XP mode.
I shall check if the latest service pack (SP3) has been downloaded. I assumed that it would have been as part of the automatic process but as I have Office 2007 it may have ignored the 2003 part of Frontpage.
If this is the case is it easy to return the programe to 7 mode from compatibility mode?

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
I don't even have Office 2003 installed. I have FP as a standalone program (Technet). Currently running Office 2010 under test. During the FP install, it sets up the needed files to identify itself as part of Office 2003. The SP update works fine.
I'm sorry I cannot answer you question. I think it might need a reinstall.

Reaction score
Checked it and SP3 is installed. I'll think about re install but as it's working in compatibilty mode I may just leave it.
Just out of interest, Have you tried making a hyperlink and selecting another file in the same web?

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
I have. I didn't seem to have a problem. maybe someone alse can step in to the thread with a suggestion. I'm afraid I just use the progam blindly - not totally au fait with it's inner workings.

Ask a Question