How do I get Outlook 2003 to view emails in Arial? (not Times New Roman)

Reaction score
Hi

How do I get Outlook2003 to display emails (when viewing not editing) in Arial and not in Times New Roman?

I have tried *everything* !! And am getting DESPERATE.
I have tried setting internet explorer 8 (I tried MSIE 9 too out of desperation but have now uninstalled it) MSIE8 > Tools > Internet Options > Fonts > Latin Based > WebPage Font = Arial
I have also tried Outlook2003 > Tools > Options > Mail Format > Message format >
Word 2003 to Edit email messages
...But this Word2003 is not used when just VIEWing an email.

I have also tried Outlook2003 > Tools > Options > Mail Format > Stationery and Fonts > Use this stationery by default > None

AND I have also tried Outlook2003 > Tools > Options > Mail Format > Stationery and Fonts > Use this stationery by default > Johns_Stationery
(I specially set up Johns_Stationery with Arial, 11pt in use)
...but this makes no difference to viewing an email.

I have also tried Outlook2003 > Tools > Options > Mail Format > Stationery and Fonts > Use this stationery by default > Fonts > When composing a new message > Arial, regular 11 points

AND

I have also tried Outlook2003 > Tools > Options > Mail Format > Stationery and Fonts > Use this stationery by default > Fonts > When replying and forwarding > Arial, regular 11 points

AND

I have also tried Outlook2003 > Tools > Options > Mail Format > Stationery and Fonts > Use this stationery by default > Fonts > When composing and reading plain text > Arial, regular 11 points

AND

I have also tried Outlook2003 > Tools > Options > Mail Format > Stationery and Fonts > Use this stationery by default > Fonts > International Font > Western European > Proportional Font > Arial > Set as user defined

AND

I have also tried Outlook2003 > Tools > Options > Mail Format > Stationery and Fonts > Stationery Fonts > Use the font specified in stationery (if specified)

AND

I have also tried Outlook2003 > Tools > Options > Mail Format > Stationery and Fonts > Stationery Fonts > Use my font when replying and forwarding

AND

I have also tried Outlook2003 > Tools > Options > Mail Format > Stationery and Fonts > Stationery Fonts > Always use my fonts.

I have even changed the signature to no signature and I have tried editing the signature to be in Arial AND later I tried rebuilding the signature to have text but to not have any font...

NONE of the above seem to have any effect on how an new HTML email is displayed (if it does not contain its own font).

Can anyone help?? (Before I give up the will to live!)

John

Ask a Question