SOLVED Freeze on HP

Reaction score
I have an HP Pavilion m9340f desktop.
I installed windows 7 64 bit. Updated all drivers (all means all, including the Bios).
However from time to time the computer freezes. No mouse no Keyboard. Nothing moves on the screen. So I turn it off and on again and things are working. This happens on a daily basis.
Any solutions are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Reaction score
Hi.

Uninstall your antivirus in safe mode using the tool found here:

AV Uninstallers - Windows 7 Forums

Reboot and install MSE.

-------------

"Here is a re-post of one I've made a few weeks ago.

You can also add malware as a possible cause too. Scan with Malwarebytes after updating definitions.

"Here is the comprehensive guide:

1) Remove the current antivirus in safe mode using the tool found here:

AV Uninstallers - Windows 7 Forums

Reboot and install MSE and nothing else, to replace the old antivirus.

2) Update the bios to newest. Set failsafe settings and save, as a test and/or permanent repair.

3) Make sure in the event manager that hard drive errors and not causing the freezes. Defragment the hdds.

4) Update all the drivers from the manufacturers' sites only.

5) Uninstall any unnecessary 3rd party tools that start with Windows.
Use msconfig to disable all 3rd party services temporarily then reboot. See how it goes. If good, enable things one by one while rebooting each time until the issue returns. You've now found the culprit.

That pretty much covers everything with freezes. If you have bsods, then that is entirely different and users should create a new thread with their issue after viewing the sticky thread in that part of the forum."

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
Yup, good job TG!

We don't often see threads that are solved by one post :D

Reaction score
TG Great Job

I took my PC to Staples and they told me that I had to reformat the hard drive lose everything.

Thank You,

MDG

Reaction score
TG Great Job

I took my PC to Staples and they told me that I had to reformat the hard drive lose everything.

Thank You,

MDG
You're welcome, but of course they are going to say that and I don't blame them. It isn't their job nor responsibility to figure out what the end user has done to their machine to make it unwell.

Ask a Question