SOLVED Free security software article

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Bit defender is a 90 day trial Beta. Not sure about Comodo, but I don't see them giving that one away.

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
For the help of anyone interested, I downloaded and installed Comodo. Quite a lengthy procedure. Whilst the blurb on the Comodo page states that the premium is the free edition, this download does not state anywhere, which edition it is. (See picture).
But it does seem to be totally free and unlimited. For 64Bit users, the links take you automatically to the 32bit edition. Scroll to the 64Bit, if that is what you prefer. In the early stages of the install, there is an option to install a time limited version of "GeekBuddy". The is a paid program for optimising your PC. Your choice, I deselected it.

After a hunt, I found this:
http://www.matousec.com/projects/proactive-security-challenge/results.php

Interesting. Yes, I know, benchmarks are...

and this:
http://www.consumersearch.com/firewalls/comodo-internet-security

Reaction score
I'm personally sticking with MSE for now. I have a few more upgrades to get out of the way. After that's done, I figure I'll probably get NIS 2011/2012. I'll just make sure to get it from Amazonand save $30.00, instead of getting it direct from Symantec. Want to get a 120-128gb. sata3 ssd first. All the one's I've seen are $299 and up, so that has to wait a few month's.

Reaction score
Also, I've tried both Comodo & Eset and uninstalled each. It appears Norton is the only for pay suite that let's me use my Xbox 360 extender and magicJack. MSE also works with both.

Ask a Question