formatting

Reaction score
Hi. I can upload a dvd disc & copy it but when I try to play it on my LG disc player it wont play.
Do I have to format the disc I am going to use to copy onto?
Any HELP would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
What software do you use to burn the DVD? What format/file extensions are the file(s) you write?

Some DVD players can handle other file formats, for example mp3 but the standard file format for DVDs would be VOB.

A typical DVD formatted file should look like:
DVD File Format.jpg

Reaction score
What software do you use to burn the DVD? What format/file extensions are the file(s) you write?

Some DVD players can handle other file formats, for example mp3 but the standard file format for DVDs would be VOB.

A typical DVD formatted file should look like:
View attachment 5957
I use Handbrake to upload the dvd & I used Windows Media layer to burn it I am not up to speed about format/file extensions.
Where would i find that information? Thanks

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
File extensions are the last 3 to 5 characters at the end of the filename. They are hidden by default in Windows Explorer but you can set the options so they are shown. Open Windows Explorer. Select Organize > Folder and Search Options. In the new window select the View tab and uncheck the box next to Hide extensions for known file types.

WindowsExplorer-ShowExt.jpg

Windows Media Player does not understand image files so if the file you downloaded is a DVD image then you will need to burn it with software that can handle disk images. I personally use and recommend IMGBurn from our Freeware DB.

... but until you tell us the specific file extension I cannot be sure if you have an image or what you have.

Ask a Question