formatting

Reaction score
I have an SSD and 2 HHD drives, I screwed something up on the SSD (file wise) when and as a result my system is pretty unstable.. So I guess what I'm asking is what is the best way to format all 3, so any old data doesn't conflict with what I put on? I'm planning on putting Ubuntu on one of the HHDs, do I need to make any special preparations for that?

TYVM for any and all help

Reaction score
Unplug the hard drives and re install windows on the ssd. If you are not familiar with diskpart, then make yourself a Partition Wizard Boot CD. Use that to make an install partition, format it, align it, and set it active.

http://www.partitionwizard.com/partition-wizard-bootable-cd.html

I would pull up a tutorial on using diskpart, but I don`t see any on this forum.:(

So just google it.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Off topic: AddRAM, we prefer you link to our site if the tutorial/answer is available here, but if not then you can link to another site as long as it is free/no membership required to see the answer and it helps the poster.

Reaction score
:(I see nothing labeled Tutorials near the top of this forum ( as I`ve already stated ) and I`m not going to hunt for information I already know.

A Partition Wizard Boot CD is a tool everyone with a pc should have ;)

The OP question was up there for 24 days and no one answered him :(

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
We don't really have a section called tutorials, we have Articles HERE.

But all I was trying to say is that it is OK to link to other sites if it helps answer the question. We don't want SPAM of course but we aren't picky like some sites that ban a person for linking elsewhere.

And yes, I'm glad you answered the OPs question, because if the regulars don't have an answer it may be a long wait for someone knowledgeable to come along.

Ask a Question