Folding@home for w7forums.com

Reaction score
:rofl: :lol::congrats:I'm sorry but that takes me waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayy back!

Hurry back after you ace a few.:)
The way I see it your grades will come through with great results,your a very bright person with extrordinary knowledge with IT that in itself is a very good marker for you as you learn very fast,it does however take me back but my parents took my coin collection off me until I past the HSC (Higher School Certificate)well done they said RAFLMAO....:rofl: :lol::congrats:

have a great day
jeffreyobrien

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Ah... My parents confiscated my latop and Ipod Touch.
Sorry guys, but I'm out for a few months, till my grades get better.
Luckily, they didn't take my smartphone, so I'll still be on the forums!

Cheers,
Fire Cat
Fire Cat, what happened? You seem to be way too smart to have bad grades. Anyway, I hope the best for you, and you get to keep your smartphone.:D

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I downloaded it again on my desktop, something's wrong with that laptop, I mean it shows progress, but it's still on 17/250. I just started on my desktop, it shows CPU - F@H: Working (0/2500). That's a much larger number than shows on my laptop, plus I checked the option to allow files of 10MB or larger. I guess as long as it says it's working, it's fine. We'll see. Does it matter or not if it's displaying? PS: It's working, it's showing 25/2500. But does the display have to be on for it to work?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Does it matter or not if it's displaying?
If you are asking about the graphical viewer. No, that doesn't have to be displayed. As far as the clients go, they can be minimized. The standard GUI Client will minimize to the notification area. Unfortunately the SMP2 and GPU2 Clients are only Console Clients and will only minimize to the Taskbar.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Thanks, I set the icon to show on the taskbar. I don't know what's wrong with that laptop. Sometime last night, the program had to repair itself, I read it on the notepad. That laptop is getting slow as dirt, especially over the last few days. Where I closed a program a few minutes ago, the Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool, I run it manually once a month. I closed the program over five minutes ago, the program itself closed, but the background shape of it is still there. It's white, square with rounded corners, and still there. Oh well, looks like I'm getting a new laptop soon (it's under warranty for $400). The folding program on here is now 50/2500. PS: It's now up to 125/2500. So what happens when I power down? Does it pick up where it leaves off automatically, or do I need to configure anything?

Last edited:

draceena

That Crazy Amazon Chick!
Reaction score
I've downloaded the program and joined the team! I tried Prime95 around 6 months back but found it was a bit to heavy for me to use it and my computer at the same time where Folding seems to run totally under my notice.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
This is working much better than on my nearly dead laptop. I'm already at 250/2500, on that laptop, it's started over again, reporting 10/2500. It couldn't even make it to 250, how is it supposed to reach 2500? I'm about to stop the process on it, it's a waste of time for the project to keep starting over and over.

Reaction score
Check out the production from this Donor. I wish we could all put out this much each. :)

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=509601

Date = May 9 2010
-PPD = 2,163,128 -(Points Per Day)
- WU = 2,709 - - -(Work Units)

The most I can do is about 7,000 PPD and 3 WU.

P.S.
We need over 300,000 points before that website will show our status. That is my first goal for the team, reaching 300,000 points. Now that we have a hand full of folders on our team, I'm ready to fuel the folding fire for w7forums. :)

Reaction score
clifford,
have downloaded and installing the (e-mail address removed) for w7forums.com
software I am draging the chain I will be up and running in about hour.I do see what you mean with the above stats awesome how many are in that team? or is it a stand a lone Beast.

jeffreyobrien

Reaction score
Those stats are from one Donor on the Team. There is no telling what the Donor has in order to produce so much. That would just about have to be a rack full of servers.

The team I started folding with, their top guy is putting out about 100,000 PPD. He has 4 computers with 4 GPU's in each computer. A total of 16 GPU's folding at around 7,000 PPD each. I think the graphics cards he is using is GTX 295's.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
That donor must have one of those monster servers where it needs to be in a chilled room. Can you imagine the light bill this person has? It's got to be on up there, to be producing those numbers. I'm finally moving forward, 325/2500.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I finally got the program going on my laptop, on the Windows 7 install. It's running fine (1025/2500) and my desktop is at 1425/2500. So hopefully by tonight, I'll have one credit, possibly 2 by bedtime. I take it that once you reach 2500, you've completed the work for one credit. I'm going to leave my laptop on 24/7 for the project, while I've configured my desktop one to shutdown when it completes, then I'll only use it while on my computer. I'm not leaving it on around the clock. I do need to make sure that my work is saved while it's shutdown, mabye the program is already configured for that.

Reaction score
I'm finished folding for the other team. All my folding will be for w7forums now. I finished a large WU this afternoon and now I have another large WU. These WU are three times larger than the normal that I have received and takes around 30 hours for me to complete. I don't like these larger WU's because I loose in over all points for the same time period. :/

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
My desktop is at 2150/2500 & my laptop is at 1850/2500, so I assume I'll soon be getting two credits. That laptop doesn't do bad, if you only use it for that. So when you've completed a portion of your work & you shut down for a few hours, do you have to start from scratch again, or do you simply pickup where you left off?

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
When those work units finish, the results will be uploaded and there will be search for a new one automatically unless you have the option checked for the program to notify you. I have that box checked so I can decide to shut down the program or not before it starts a new job. Your team stats may not post right away but they will soon.

Reaction score
For those using the single core clients. If you want to run more than one client, each client used must have a different Machine ID.

For the multicore processor's, the SMP2 Clients are the best because of the bonus credit that is given. You do have the option to run CPU and GPU clients at the same time.

In fact, I was making higher scores with my Radeon HD 4350 than I was with the Dual Core Celeron 1.6Ghz. However during this time I was not making any bonus points. The bonus points are only awarded after completing 10 WU. I received my 10th WU after upgrading to the Core2 Quad. I would also like to mention again at this time, the bonus credit is only given when a passkey is used.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I have the passkey, a long string of letters & numbers. So do I just go to configuration & key it in? BTW, I'm at 2425/2500 on my desktop & 2175/2500 on my laptop. I'm leaving the laptop on 24/7 until it blows.:D

Reaction score
I have the passkey, a long string of letters & numbers. So do I just go to configuration & key it in? BTW, I'm at 2425/2500 on my desktop & 2175/2500 on my laptop. I'm leaving the laptop on 24/7 until it blows.:D
If you know how to copy and paste, that is much easier.
Yeah, the configuration settings is where it goes.

24/7 until it blows. :lol::lol::lol:

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
That laptop blows prior to October, it's warrantied for $400. I can put a little more with that, and catch one of those HP laptops with that Intel i7 processor for $600. Wal Mart had one on sale a couple of weeks ago for $598. 4GB RAM, 500GB drive,15 inch screen, much, much more.

Ask a Question