Folding@home for w7forums.com

Elmer BeFuddled

Resident eejit
Reaction score
I've given up again!! Took two days to do 65% of 20m step WU. Started up the PC earlier and the Program has "hung", re-set me to 0% of the same 20m step WU and I now have 32 hours to do the total 100%. Physically (mathematically) impossible.

I can cope with listening to the CPU fan running at full belt if their is "something" at the end of it, but not for nothing.

Last edited:

Elmer BeFuddled

Resident eejit
Reaction score
So am I Clifford, funny thing is the original "log" is now called "FAHlog-Prev.txt" and it's re-started with a new "FAHlog.txt".
This was the common factor that was happening previously before I took a short sabbatical.

FYI the work unit is - Project: 6701 (Run 101, Clone 11, Gen 19)
The unitinf.txt download remains the same:-

Code:
Current Work Unit
-----------------
Name: Gromacs
Tag: P6701R101C11G19
Download time: December 7 07:04:26
Due time: December 13 07:04:26
Progress: 0%  [__________]
Currently leaving it running to see if next log entry is 66% or 1%.......

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
I've given up again!! Took two days to do 65% of 20m step WU. Started up the PC earlier and the Program has "hung", re-set me to 0% of the same 20m step WU and I now have 32 hours to do the total 100%. Physically (mathematically) impossible.

I can cope with listening to the CPU fan running at full belt if their is "something" at the end of it, but not for nothing.
Elmer
When you say 20m, is that the TPF number? 20 minutes?

What processor do you have?

I'm currently running 2 6701 WU's. The one on the quad core is taking 24 - 25 hrs. the one on the celeron dual core is taking 43 - 44 hrs.

Attachments

Reaction score
@yodap, did you get a gift early? :D Very nice!

@Elmer BeFuddled, sorry to hear you're having so many problems. With more details, your teammates or I might be able to help. One thing I saw was some confusion about the reporting at the bottom of HFM.net. Team: 7 refers to your team rank and Project: 227 refers to your rank among all users of the Folding@Home project. When you download the program, it comes set to Harlam's (the software's author) settings. To change those settings, click "EDIT" and choose "Preferences" then go to the "Web Settings" tab.

The only thing you can't set for yourself right now is the top setting for Extreme Overclocking User ID. Your team hasn't reached the point where they start tracking you as individuals, yet. You're getting there though.

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
@yodap, did you get a gift early? :D Very nice!
FT,
For some reason the wife likes me. And honestly, what's not to like?:D

Ask a Question