folders

Reaction score
I have an Explorer window open. I try to add a new folder w/ the rclick but there's no option for it. I try to click the button "New Folder" in the top menu and nothing happens. How do I create a frickin' folder?

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
Where are you trying to create it? Are you sure you have appropriate privileges?

Reaction score
In the Windows Explorer where the rest of the folders are. I'm the admin and only user of this computer.

Reaction score
Lord o lord, no one can help me w/ this? I'm churning out products like crazy and I have no place to put them!

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
What "folder" are you trying to create a folder under?

In the left panel under libraries, select a folder at "My Documents" level or deeper. Then in the right panel right-click and try your New>Folder. (If you could post a screenshot at this point for us to see that would be great)

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
Yeah, you can't create one directly into Libraries (as it's not technically a folder to begin with), so I am just wondering where you are trying to create it.

Reaction score
Got to be an easier way. I can't seem to create a folder anywhere. My rclick "New" brings up a lot of options, including a compressed folder. I just created a copy of one of my existing folders, deleted everything in it, moved files into it and renamed it.

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
Hmmmnn I still think it's a permissions issue.

Reaction score
OK, back at it and these damned "bibles" aren't doing me any good. Guess I should start with Permissions. Where do I change and what do I change?

And anytime I click "New" it gives lots of choices but no "folder" option.

I'll try and get more info in my cp but I still don't know what I'm doing.

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
Hi Magoo,
If you're not seeing the folder option under the "New" sub-menu then somthing must be broken. This option has always been in every windows version that I've used. Linux also.

Try System File Checker, sfc /scannow.
Click start and type cmd. Under programs, cmd.exe should be there. Right click and choose "Run as administrator" Then type: sfc /scannow
Notice the space between the c and /. Hit enter.
Let it do its thing and get back to us.

Reaction score
Windows Resource Protection didn't find any integrity violations

Reaction score
I am following this thread with interest, I can't make a new folder anywhere, even on a SDHC Card

Reaction score
Magoo, In my case, I can create briefcase folders and zipped folders but not ordinary folders. (I can only do that on my computer drive but not remote drives), I have been making briefcase folders and using them as ordinary folders until i figure out what is wrong. Can you do that? I can also save files, I just can't create folders.
This whole thing is frustrating.

Ask a Question