Folder opens after long delay

Reaction score
Within the last two weeks I have been experiencing 30 second delays when trying to open folders. Both CPU cores will hit 85% and it seems to be scanning. I don't know what process might have been recently added or changed by an update. I haven't added any software.

Reaction score
Hi pigsnack - Welcome to the site :ciao:

Which Windows build are you using?
How much memory do you have installed?
Do you have an Anti-virus program running? And If so which one may I ask?

Reaction score
Hi thanks...

I'm running the release candidate
4 GB RAM
No AV installed

Reaction score
Dual Core with 4GB memory should not be be experiencing these issues.

I take it the release candidate you are refering to is Build 7100. The download directly from Microsoft. If so this is a relatively old version and many changes have been made. I can not say for sure but Windows 7 RTM may not have this problem you are experiencing.

Another thing you could concider is bad memory possibility. You might want to check you memory with a memory checker program. Or if you have an option to remove a stick or two to check and see if your problem goes away.

Reaction score
its build 7100

I think the problem is Media Player. I just noticed that wmpnetwk.exe is using 50% CPU. This was not happening a couple weeks ago. I can't figure out how to shut down media sharing in MP 12.0.7100

Ask a Question