SOLVED Export Files from Windows 7 Search

Elmer BeFuddled

Resident eejit
Reaction score
A bit of info about the Windows Search function please.

First off I'll explain that I don't use the Windows Search, preferring Locate 32, hence the question!!

If I do a search with Locate32 through my music folders for "folder.jpg" or just jpg I end up with a list of over 600 jpg files. Now if I highlight and select them all in Locate32 I can copy and paste them all into a single folder if I so desire (please ignore the name clashes which will occur here**).

My question is can you do the same with Windows Search??

**They'll actually pass through a Photoshop Droplet which will re-size them all and add numbers to the beginning of "clashing named" files.

TIA

Elmer

Elmer BeFuddled

Resident eejit
Reaction score
Excellent! Thankyou.

I'm writing a little droplet for my daughter initially but if she had to go to every folder etc., it would sort of defeat the object!

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
By default, when I tried it, it wanted to "Move" the files, so I had to hold the ctrl key to make it "Copy", because I drug it to the desktop which is on the same drive but I think if it is an application it would Copy automatically.

Ask a Question