Bulk File Details Export

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've been looking for some software for a couple of hours now, but I'm not able to find if any such software exists! Hopefully one of you guys may know of some, so I thought it would be worth posting here :).

I'm trying to find an applicaiton that will scan a directory and compile a list of all of the files it finds, with details such as filename, location, filesize, product name, product ver for EXE/DLL files (the thing found on the properties > details tab). The format of the export doesn't matter (XML, XLS, TXT, CSV, etc...).

Is there such a thing out there?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks Bugsy, that software almost does what I'm looking for - but I don't think it shows the file properties that I'm after.

I've found this one which looks like it may do it - I'm installing the trial now to find out :)

http://www.krksoft.com/index.php

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've just given it a whirl and it does exactly what I'm after :). Woohoo :D

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
Ian found the thing
That he looked for earlier
He is now happy.
FC

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Glad you like it :). I made it over the past few weeks - took some time as I'm not very good at coding, but I got there in the end :D.

I'm going to improve and make changes to it in a few weeks, once I've got some spare time.

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
Glad you like it :). I made it over the past few weeks - took some time as I'm not very good at coding, but I got there in the end :D.

I'm going to improve and make changes to it in a few weeks, once I've got some spare time.
Hey, your design totaly beats this thing I made :D

It's a really good idea ;) I would just suggest that you make some URL mods (htaccess mod rewrite?) so that you have, for example:
So that then, it's much simpler to find another file directly from the url bar ;)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've got some basic URL mods on there at the moment, but I needed to keep ID's in place as there are multiple entries - however I'll be adding a search in a few weeks :).

That's a nice page you've got there! If you can create that at age 13, you'll be an incredible web designer in the future. Hard work pays off! :D

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
^^^++1

Age 13, FC you are awesome!!!
If you read that page, it says I want to do it professionnaly in the futur ;)

Being on this forum also helped me a lot to learn about computers :)

Reaction score
it says I want to do it professionnaly in the futur
I'm not trying to be critical but spelling is a big part of being (professionally in the future).

I tend to overlook spelling errors unless the source claims to be professionals. I know I make allot of mistakes myself but then I'm not creating professional websites or creating professional articles for the world to read either.

Reaction score
I just wrote a little tool that does just this! You can drag/drop files and folders onto it and it will list all the metadata in a table. You can select which columns you want and then export to csv.

Check out my Metadata Extractor

I'm looking for feedback, so don't hesitate to contact me if I can do something to make it more useful.

Ask a Question