ESET nod32

Reaction score
Has anyone tried this software?
Whilst not created in Australia it does have phone and email support within Oz.

Has anyone tried it on Win7 64?

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
At one time, Nibiru2012 had it, and was satisfied at the time. But I don't know what he's running now.

I'm with davehc, MSE is among the best AV & Malware protection that you can get, and it's free. Combine it with MBAM, you're clean, as long as you keep things updated, and do full scans on a regular basis. Once a week, a full scan with each.

Cat

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Has anyone tried this software?
Whilst not created in Australia it does have phone and email support within Oz.

Has anyone tried it on Win7 64?
It a very good AV software program. Fast engines and sits in the background pretty quiet.

I used ESET Security Suite and liked it.

Reaction score
I have used the full security suite for several years now and have NEVER had any bother. As far as I am concerned it is the best.:D:D

Reaction score
Thanks guys. One of the things I was looking for was Support within Australia and they offer that. I can telephone and speak to someone in my time zone and whom I can actually understand.

Reaction score
Thanks guys. One of the things I was looking for was Support within Australia and they offer that. I can telephone and speak to someone in my time zone and whom I can actually understand.
There is phone support in the UK too, and it is excellent.:D

Elmer BeFuddled

Resident eejit
Reaction score
Another thumbs up for ESET (AV). since I first ever tried it (mk3) I've never looked elsewhere. I've dabbled a bit elsewhere but always gone back and renewed my licence. That and a twice weekly Mbam scan does me good.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Do you tinny wowser's from Big Smoke have a hard time understanding us battlers not within Cooee? Well I'll be stuffed! Bloody bottler you found a mob from the lucky country you could understand then. When I reach tech support I'm bloody tin-arsed if they don't have kangaroos loose in the top paddock.

Ace! Give it a burl and I hope ESET doesn't come a gutser and the bodgey software leave your computer cactus. Far be it from me to be a knocker; she'll be apples, I'm sure. OK cobber, this galah bloke is goin' back to the bush and look for me bunyip :D

Just a thought, ESET is like a franger for your 'puter.

Can't understand why you would need someone down under to give you the drum. It only took this figjam about 60 minutes to translate this into "Aussie" but it did leave me grinning like a shot fox. :ciao:

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
Another thumbs up for ESET NOD 32 AV.

I used it for 2 years before W7 beta was released. Every once in a while you can find it for 10 bucks on the web. In this country anyway.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
If I see it for $10, I'll give it a try myself. I've yet to hear anything bad about ESET, so it must be good. But if I were to buy it, it would be the first AV that I've paid for in my life.

Avast, then MSE, along with MBAM, SAS & Windows Live Safety Scanner have so far kept me out of trouble, except on one recent occasion, that's well documented on this forum. No need to rehash it.

With all the positive reviews that's on this thread, I say go for it.

Cat

Ask a Question