Dual Boot Windows 7 and Vista Problem

Reaction score
Hello,

After installing W7 on it's own partition, on it's own drive, Vista, on another HDD is not available as a boot option. Looking in System Properties, Startup and Recovery, The only boot option is windows 7.

Any ideas on how to make Vista available as another boot option?
Thx...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hello tangomilo - Welcome to the site :ciao:

Have you concidered using a third party Boot Manager. After installing the Boot Manager you will have an option to boot to Multiple Drive. Check out this link VistaBootPro

I have personally used BootUS to triple boot Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7. If you have any questions I can help you with let me know.

P.S. Some of the freeware Boot Managers do not allow booting to multiple drives. They only allow Booting to multiple partitions.

Reaction score
Hi,
I wasn't aware of these boot managers that you have linked to but will definitely look into them.

Thank You!!! :)

Hello tangomilo - Welcome to the site :ciao:

Have you concidered using a third party Boot Manager. After installing the Boot Manager you will have an option to boot to Multiple Drive. Check out this link VistaBootPro

I have personally used BootUS to triple boot Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7. If you have any questions I can help you with let me know.

P.S. Some of the freeware Boot Managers do not allow booting to multiple drives. They only allow Booting to multiple partitions.

Reaction score
Boot Manager

Open Win7 and make a Rescue Disk while within Win7.. run this as a repair at startup and it should find Vista and Win7 and install them on Boot Manager:)..Works for me

Ask a Question