windows 7 dual boot issue need help

Reaction score
i recently added win 7 x 64 on my old xp computer after doing a couple of upgrades.
i kept xp loaded on to have it as a dual boot system. it worked fine for a few days but now when the computers turns on it doesnt show the dual boot screen to select which OS to use, it just loads straight into win 7? i have xp on one hard drive and win 7 on another dont know if that makes any diference.
any help is greatly appreciated

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
mattym83, welcome to the forum! I have two dual boot computers, actually my laptop is tri boot. What kind of upgrades have you done, other than obviously adding another hard drive? Windows 7 always wants to be the first boot choice, if XP were on the same drive, you would have the option to boot into XP. There is some sort of configuration problem here, I'm getting ready to add another drive myself. Please give us more details (the more, the better), so that we can see what you have and what needs to be done. And please, could you do one other thing, go to the control panel, and fill out your system specs the best that you can. It helps to have this information, not to know your business, but to have this information available, in order to assist you better. If you have any questions or need more assistance, feel free to post anytime.

Ask a Question