Dual Boot Fail

Reaction score
Hi, I was trying to set up a dual boot of windows 7 with MAC OSX and It ended up not working , but now my computer wants to boot from The Mac Partition that i deleted and i get a

boot0: done
Non-system disk
Press any key to reboot

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Hi, I was trying to set up a dual boot of windows 7 with MAC OSX and It ended up not working , but now my computer wants to boot from The Mac Partition that i deleted and i get a

boot0: done
Non-system disk
Press any key to reboot
Easy BCD works with Windows 7 and Mac OS X (may help with your problem and its free)

Link > http://neosmart.net/dl.php?id=1

Reaction score
the only problem is that the mac osx install failed and the computer wants to boot into the broken partition

Reaction score
and it wants to boot into the parttition that doesnt work and cant boot into 7

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
I would clear the partition and reconfig the bootloader. what emulator are you using ?

Last edited:
Reaction score
I cant use easy bcd becuase i don't have an operating system to boot into

Reaction score
OK so i had windows 7 and then i went to install MAC osx but it only partialy worked. It now wants to boot into the mac osx partition, but that partition doesnt work. so i am left with a broken mac partiton and a working windows 7 partition that i cant boot into because the computer wants to boot into the MAC partition

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
2 OS partitions on 1 drive?

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
You should be able to access your Windows 7 partition via the Windows 7 DVD or if the damaged partition is on another drive just disconnect it.

Reaction score
ok ive decided to try to install xp on the other partition and use easy bcd to fix the other partition

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
As yodap questioned ... I take it your using two HDDs as this is the best configuration for a dual boot. good luck and do let us know how it goes :)

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok, so use a Windows 7 installation DVD to do a startup repair. You do NOT need an OS to do this. Just powerup your computer, insert the DVD and reboot. You should get a message like "Press a key to boot from CD...". Do so and then follow the instructions from here:

https://www.w7forums.com/startup-repair-t441.html

Once in Windows, go to Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Computer Management > Storage > Disk Management.

If you do not have a installation DVD, download and burn an iso of it from here:
https://www.w7forums.com/windows-7-iso-official-direct-download-links-t2910.html

Last edited:
Reaction score
im just gonna do the xp then bcd thing...who knows i might even keep the xp anyway :)

Ask a Question