Does ANYONE know how this customization was done? and how it can be undone?

Reaction score
I'm looking for information on how the following customization was done.

the below photo shows a window with customized trim paneling on the left side...

While I currently enjoy the nVidia influenced version of Windows 7... I absolutely loathe the styling.

Can ANYONE please tell me how these trim customizations were done so that I can undo them?

and the start menu (which is barely legible)

While I can appreciate the utilitarian aspects of this modified OS...
its decorators had obnoxious taste

Please someone help me understand how these trim customizations/mods were done.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Looks like some custom themes got installed and one of them selected. You should be able to download and reinstall the standard Win 7 themes (if you no longer have them) and/or others.

You can change certain aspects of any theme and then save it with a name of your choosing. But it can be complicated to search out what controls each part, much easy to just select an overall theme.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/themes

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Last edited:
Reaction score
Yes a pack of theme was installed in your computer & get selected automatically. This problem occurs with me also. To resolve this go to personalize option in right click & select the default theme if exist there. If not then go to control panel & see carefully which software consist theme pack.

If problem still occurs then go to drive where your operating system is installed & select program file folder, from here you you have to see each & every folder carefully that which of them consist folder namely theme.

I am sure this will help you out.

Ask a Question